Sunday, July 22, 2012

Faith in the Impractical

I don't have much to update, but I had such an amazing devotion this morning that I HAD to share it with you!

If you read my last post, you know that I am praying about a major decision that I am facing. It's major because everything about it screams impractical.

My thoughts:

It doesn't make sense. It's not a good financial decision.
It doesn't make sense. It takes too much time.
It doesn't make sense. It's too difficult.
It doesn't make sense. It's not what i've been preparing for.
It doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense.

Abel's thoughts:

It doesn't make sense. I'll sacrifice my best.

Noah's thoughts:

It doesn't make sense. I'll build it.

Abraham's thoughts:

It doesn't make sense. I'll go.
It doesn't make sense. I'll offer my son.

Sarah's thoughts:

It doesn't make sense. I'll conceive.

Moses' thoughts:

It doesn't make sense. I'll lead them.

Joshua's thoughts:

It doesn't make sense. The walls of Jericho will fall.

Rahab's thoughts:

It doesn't make sense. I will welcome them.

Thoughts of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel:

It doesn't make sense. I will conquer kingdoms. I will enforce justice. I will obtain promises. I will stop the mouth of lions. I will quench the power of fire. I will escape the sword. I will be strong. I will be mighty in war.

God calls us to have faith in the impractical moments of our life.

I haven't made a complete decision yet, but I'm having faith that if God does call me to go on this journey, that I will have faith even amidst the impracticality.





No comments:

Post a Comment